Monday, May 27, 2013

Entry #3: Rustboro City

Trainer: Triton
Money: 1128
Badges: None
Pokémon: Pepé (Horsea) Level 12 Ability: Volt Absorb
     Sandy (Charizard) Level 12 Ability: Shell Armor
     Flafa (Venonat) Level 9 Ability: Water Veil

In Petalburg Woods, my first encounter was with a level 5 male Goldeen. After I caught it and named it HERN [It has a horn, and I've been hearing ermergerds all day), I was unsure what to do. I already had a Horsea, but its ability Damp and the obvious prospect of possibly losing Horsea in the future convinced me to train it. Despite this resolution, I was reckless...
Near Petalburg, I sent HERN in at half HP into a battle with a level 3 Dodrio. I made to switch out for Sandy. The Dodrio had other plans and landed a critical hit Pursuit (Does double damage if you are planning to switch out). HERN stood no chance, and is now with the other unicorn fish in the clouds.






Hey there!


Welcome to the team!

This is Pepé

This is Fla.. hey, where are you going?


 WAIT!

 Alright then...

RIP #1 - HERN - Goldeen




Now without a need to train, I again began to push through Petalburg Woods. Half way through, I bumped into a nice businessman who was going to ask for directions. Then a Team Aqua thug ran up and demanded the Devon Goods, and I wouldn't have that. I sent out Flafa and was faced with a Snorlax. Although I was daunted, Flafa was able to confuse him, disable Tackle (Now it could only use Amnesia), and knock it out with her own tackle (Gained a level for that, HA). The guy gave me a great ball for my trouble, and soon I was out of the woods.

The first guy I ran into outside of the woods gave me a TM 09, which should contain Bullet Seed, but in this case it held Hydro Pump. Yey water TMs!! The randomizer wouldn't let me teach it to any of my Pokémon, however, and I moved on to Rustboro City.


I healed my Pokémon and immediately set out to find more companions in Route 116 and Rusturf Tunnel. I had a very tough bout with Pepé against a level 8 Beedrill that only knew Fury Attack and had a special hatred of pokéballs. I had to give in and use my only Great Ball, which caught it. I named it Wasp, because it is definitely more of a basket case than a bee. It also has the ability Arena Trap.... Don't anger this one, I tell ya xD



Say Hello to Waspdrill, he doesn't like rude people. He doesn't like polite people either, but in this case you should take all of the good karma you can get.






In Rusturf Tunnel, I ran into a Level 6 Carvanha. One Tackle, one Pokéball, and it's mine. I named it Spud, because it reminds me of a dog who runs out of nowhere and jumps into your arms. And its ability? Cute Charm




I'M GONNA HUGS YOU




With that done, I gained a bunch of levels, took down Rustboro Gym, got TM 39 Powder Snow (no one can learn it yet), and was about to head to Dewford when a chase whizzed past me. The goods were stolen again? Oh boy...

Trainer: Triton
Money: 4200
Badges: 1
Pokémon: Pepé (Horsea) Level 15 Ability: Volt Absorb
     Sandy (Charizard) Level 18 Ability: Shell Armor
     Flafa (Venonat) Level 16 Ability: Water Veil
     Wasp (Beedrill) Level 8 Ability: Arena Trap
     Spud (Carvanha) Level 6 Ability: Cute Charm

1 comment:

  1. I'M GUNNA HUGS YOU!!!
    Probably one of my favorite things of all time. Died laughing.

    ReplyDelete